Sunday, December 14, 2008

Safe Computing Basics

Hello everyone, I am currently going to talk to you about keeping your computer save everyday. We've herd of all these computer attacks, like viruses, worms, and others. But their is away to stop this. I use about 2-3 Anti-virus/spyware scanners to protect my PC. I will tell you each of these programs, and what they can be good for.
1. Avast! Anit-Virus Cleaner. Avast! Virus cleaner is one of my best virus cleaners ever. It will tell you when a virus has entered your computer, and can also track a virus from the web. Like if you download something from a site, it will alert you very fast that this file is bad. It will show a little yellow box on your screen of the location, and show a gray pop up box to tell you what it is. Then comes with the saying 'Warning, there is a virus on your computer.'
2. Prevx Virus Cleaner. One of my good ones that I found when searching the web for a strange process that was running on my computer. This virus cleaner can scan your computer from the web site (you must download it. Download is free.) and the scan completes it self under 1-2 min. Creating a account is free also, it can also be used on more than one computer. You can also get reports on the site of other computers you put it on.
3. Spyware Terminator. Spyware terminator is one of the little good ones that I use to scan for spyware. scanning takes a long time, and sometimes will find some spyware on my PC. But usually finds it in the cookies section from when I was on the web. But I don't really have much for this product.
Well thats all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment